New for 2019
As Game of Thrones finishes filming after a decade in Northern Ireland, HBO plans to celebrate the show's incredible legacy by converting several filming locations into visitor attractions. Plans are underway to include the standing sets for iconic locations such as Winterfell, Castle Black, and Kings Landing alongside a formal studio tour of Linen Mill Studios in Banbridge which will showcase a wide array of subject matter from the series spanning all seasons and settings. The attractions will offer fans the first opportunity to set foot inside some of the most iconic locations from the series to see how the world's biggest TV show was made. Each site will feature not only the breathtaking sets, but will also exhibit displays of costumes, props, weapons, set decorations, art files, models, and other production materials. The visitor experience will be enhanced by state-of-the-art digital content and interactive materials which will showcase some of the digital wizardry the series is known for.
Following extensive development, historic Mount Stewart estate is due to unveil its impressive additions in Spring 2019. Adding to its current 7 miles of waymarked walking trails, a further 3.5 miles are due to open to the public in May, situated in the North-West of Mount Stewart Demesne.
Ever since becoming a bustling port in the 1600s, the area known as the Cathedral Quarter has been the beating heart of Belfast's cultural life - but pubs, clubs and cafes are only one part of its story. On this tour you'll discover the richness of the areas culture: from Literature and Sculpture, to Punk and Graffiti, plus you'll hear how Religion and Politics conspired to make Belfast's Cathedral Quarter one of the world's top destinations.
There are a host of wonderful events taking place in Belfast during 2019, details of which may be accessed here.
Explore the stunningly beautiful Ards Peninsula & Strangford Lough where Brigid will guide you through the timeless beauty and tranquillity of this ancient landscape, revealing knowledge and hidden gems normally unseen by tourists. Discover ancient monastic sites, follow lesser-known paths and marvel at the splendid flora & fauna.
Recently Opened Hotels
- Maldron Hotel Belfast City, Brunswick Street - Owned by Dalata. 237 bedrooms. Projected '4 star' rating. Opened in March 2018.
- AC Hotel by Marriott, Donegall Quay - Owned by Interstate. 188 bedrooms. Projected '4 star' rating. Opened in April 2018.
- Grand Central, Bedford Street - Owned by Hastings Hotels. 300 bedrooms. Projected '4 star' rating. Opened in June 2018.
- Hampton By Hilton, Hope Street - Owned by Andras House. 178 bedrooms. Projected '3 star' rating. Opened in July 2018.
- EasyHotel, Howard Street - Owned by David Crowe & Kevin Baird. 81 bedrooms. Projected '3 star' rating. Opened in August 2018.
- The Flint Hotel, Howard Street - Owned by Ben and Peter Ringland. 55 bedrooms. Opened in June 2018.
- Holiday Inn Express, University Street - Owned by InterContinental Hotels. 60 additional bedrooms (available now) - bringing the total number to 171. '3 star' rating.
- Ten Square, Donegall Square South - Owned by Loughview Leisure. 109 additional rooms (available now) - bringing total number to 131. '4 star' rating.
- Crowne Plaza Belfast, Milltown Road - Owned by Andras House. 16 additional rooms (available now) - bringing total to 136, more due in 2019. '4 star' rating.
- Fitzwilliam, Great Victoria Street - Owned by Hotel Partners. 30 additional bedrooms (with 16 available in August 2018) - bringing the total number to 130. '5 star' rating.
- Jurys Inn, Great Victoria Street - Owned by Jurys Inn Group. 80 additional bedrooms (expected November) - bringing the total number to 270. '3 star' rating.
Hotels Coming Soon
- The George Best Hotel, Bedford Street - Owned by Signature Living. This hotel will have 63 bedrooms and is due to open early 2019. Projected '4 star' rating.
- Bank Square Boutique Hotel, Bank Square - Owned by DSD. This hotel will have 17 bedrooms. Projected '4 star' rating.
- The Waring, Waring Street - Owned by Signature Living. This hotel will have 60 bedrooms and is due to open in early 2019. Projected '4 star' rating.
- The Premier Inn, Bangor - This 85 bedroom hotel is due to open in spring 2019.
- The Crum, Crumlin Road - Owned by Signature Living. This hotel will have 71 bedrooms and is due to open in late 2019.