New for 2018
Recently completed, CS Lewis Square is dedicated to one of Belfast's most famous authors and features 7 sculptures of characters from The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. The sculptures include Aslan, Maugrim, Mr & Mrs Beaver, the Robin, the White Witch, the Stone Table and Mr Tumnus. CS Lewis Square is home to EastSide Visitor Centre, an interactive self-guided 'gateway' visitor centre and cafe. It charts the story of east Belfast's industrial heritage, the significance of the 'Yardmen' who lived and worked in the east of the city and how they contributed to Belfast's world famous shipbuilding industry. EastSide Visitor Centre is also packed full of information on east Belfast's most famous sons including Van Morrison, George Best and of course literary giant, Clive Staples Lewis.
Built in 1774 by the Belfast Charitable Society, Clifton House served as the Poor House for Belfast until the late 1880s. Now fully restored to its original Georgian elegance and with the history lovingly preserved, Clifton House now combines a fascinating interpretative centre with a large collection of antiques and artefacts. Fully guided tours are held each Friday at 3.00pm. Group tours can be arranged on request.
In 2013, the Echlinville Distillery became Northern Ireland's first licenced distillery in over 125 years. Producing Dunville’s PX, an award winning single malt and newly released Dunville’s Three Crowns a premium Irish whiskey blend. 2016 saw the release of Jawbox, Echlinville first single estate gin. Your clients have the opportunity to taste these products and hear the story of the land from which they originate and of the people who brought them to life.
Echlinville Distillery is now taking group bookings for 2017. Guests will be met by distillery staff and offered refreshments before beginning a fully guided tour, ending with a tasting. Lunch can be arranged on request. The distillery also has on site parking that can adequately accommodate coaches and plans to open a gift shop in April 2017.
Titanic Belfast has been named World’s Leading Visitor Attraction at the prestigious World Travel Awards. It is the first time an attraction in Northern Ireland has won the award at the ceremony, which has been nicknamed the 'Tourism Oscars', in its 23 year history. Voted for by the public, the award saw Titanic Belfast beat off stiff competition to win this most coveted award. Download the Titanic Group brochure for more information on why Titanic Belfast has been given this great accolade.
Visit Seamus Heaney HomePlace, the new arts and literary centre in Bellaghy, just 45 mins from Belfast and enjoy a unique journey through the life and literature of the late poet and Nobel Laureate. Experience the interactive exhibition, which flows over two floors and is full of personal stories, photographs and artefacts, bringing an encounter with the man and his poetry to life.
The Theatrical History Tour of Belfast
Recently Opened Hotels
- Maldron Hotel Belfast City, Brunswick Street - Owned by Dalata. 237 bedrooms. Projected '4 star' rating. Opened in March 2018.
- AC Hotel by Marriott, Donegall Quay - Owned by Interstate. 188 bedrooms. Projected '4 star' rating. Opened in April 2018.
- Grand Central, Bedford Street - Owned by Hastings Hotels. 300 bedrooms. Projected '4 star' rating. Opened in June 2018.
- Hampton By Hilton, Hope Street - Owned by Andras House. 178 bedrooms. Projected '3 star' rating. Opened in July 2018.
- EasyHotel, Howard Street - Owned by David Crowe & Kevin Baird. 81 bedrooms. Projected '3 star' rating. Opened in August 2018.
- Holiday Inn Express, University Street - Owned by InterContinental Hotels. 60 additional bedrooms (available now) - bringing the total number to 171. '3 star' rating.
- Ten Square, Donegall Square South - Owned by Loughview Leisure. 109 additional rooms (available now) - bringing total number to 131. '4 star' rating.
- Crowne Plaza Belfast, Milltown Road - Owned by Andras House. 16 additional rooms (available now) - bringing total to 136, more due in 2019. '4 star' rating.
- Fitzwilliam, Great Victoria Street - Owned by Hotel Partners. 30 additional bedrooms (with 16 available in August 2018) - bringing the total number to 130. '5 star' rating.
- Jurys Inn, Great Victoria Street - Owned by Jurys Inn Group. 80 additional bedrooms (expected November) - bringing the total number to 270. '3 star' rating.
Hotels Coming Soon
- The George Best Hotel, Bedford Street - Owned by Signature Living. This hotel will have 63 bedrooms and is due to open in December 2018. Projected '4 star' rating.
- Bank Square Boutique Hotel, Bank Square - Owned by DSD. This hotel will have 17 bedrooms. Projected '4 star' rating.
- The Waring, Waring Street - Owned by Signature Living. This hotel will have 60 bedrooms and is due to open in early 2019. Projected '4 star' rating.
- The Premier Inn, Bangor - This 85 bedroom hotel is due to open in spring 2019.
- The Crum, Crumlin Road - Owned by Signature Living. This hotel will have 71 bedrooms and is due to open in late 2019.